The rumours also suggest that Apple will not increase the price of 5G iPhones. Tech analyst Ming-Chi Kuo is known for leaking mostly-accurate rumours of the upcoming iPhones. He believes that Apple will not increase the price of 5G iPhones. While the production cost of the new iPhones is likely to increase due to the 5G components. Kuo also hints that Apple is working on a strategy to offset this cost by reducing the supply chain expenses.
To bring down the cost, Apple is performing external research and development in house. The company is also dropping its upfront non-recurring engineering payment to suppliers of the metal chassis and frame for the 5G iPhone. The gadget maker is planning to include a custom battery production module within the iPhone 12. The battery is likely to be 50% smaller and thinner than the one used in the current version of the iPhone.
Here are the six iPhone models that Apple may launch:
- iPhone 12 Pro Max 5G: 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras with ToF
- iPhone 12 Pro Plus 5G: 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras with ToF
- iPhone 12 Pro Plus 4G: 6.1-inch OLED, triple cameras, Time-of-Flight 3D sensing capabilities
- iPhone 12 Pro 5G: 5.4-inch OLED, dual cameras
- iPhone 12 Pro 4G: 5.4-inch OLED, dual cameras
- iPhone 12 4G: 6.1-inch LCD, dual cameras
The major attractions of the iPhone 12 range would be an upgraded design, 120Hz ProMotion display, the end of lightning port, incredible 3D camera trick, and return of the TouchID.