Using cryptocurrencies applications, hackers can get into the system of users and use their data. This is done using malicious or dangerous adware or malware in the applications set up. Google has identified such applications and has removed them from the Play Store.
These applications have become a major concern for the users as they are being lured by the developers for crypto mining that ends up installing malicious malware on their smartphones.
Here is the list of 8 dangerous applications that won’t be available on the Google Play Store now.
- BitFunds – Crypto Cloud Mining
- Bitcoin Miner – Cloud Mining
- Bitcoin (BTC) – Pool Mining Cloud Wallet
- Crypto Holic – Bitcoin Cloud Mining
- Daily Bitcoin Rewards – Cloud Based Mining System
- Bitcoin 2021
- MineBit Pro – Crypto Cloud Mining & BTC miner
- Ethereum (ETH) – Pool Mining Cloud
“These apps, which do not have cryptocurrency mining capabilities and deceive users into watching in-app ads, have affected more than 4,500 users globally from July 2020 to July 2021,” said Trend Micro in the blog.
- Cryptomining applications will have a lot of 5-star ratings and hence watch out for the one that has a 1-star review.
- Withdrawal fees are another major giveaway for the fake application as free withdrawals are suspicious.
- Enter the wrong wallet address and if they accept the address, there is something wrong with the application.