With such a wide array of use cases, it is important for users not to lose their data. The company has added new ways to backup chats on cloud. However, it is little tricky to get complete record of individual or group conversations in a single document.
WhatsApp Business offers unique features including a way to create template replies, schedule messages etc. It is important to save the WhatsApp Chat when it is used for official purposes. The app has the feature to export chat files in .txt format but, exporting to PDF is little tricky. Here’s how you can do it.
- You need a third party app called WPS Office to export chats to PDF. You can install it from the Play Store.
- After installation, open WhatsApp chat conversation that you wish to export.
- Click on the three dotted menu icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Export Chat”. You will find a pop-up which will allow you to export without media.
- From the share menu, select Gmail.
- In Gmail, you will have to send this .txt to file to a recipient. You can send this file to yourself by adding your own email address in the “to” field.
- Once you receive the mail, you have to download the file.
- You can open the exported chat in WPS Office app.
- WPS Office has an option “Export to PDF” in the File menu.
That’s it. This simple process will help you convert important WhatsApp chats into PDF.