Android users will get to use the feature in WhatsApp’s stable version 2.18.380. The Picture-in-Picture mode is already available for iPhone users since January this year.
What is Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode
The new Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode will help users watch Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube videos on a small window without causing any disruption in their chatting. The PiP feature will work for YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram videos. When you click on a video link sent by other WhatsApp users, the system will trigger the corresponding app to open.
With the PiP mode, you can watch the videos inside a small box area hovering over the chat window. The feature will make it easier for Android users to watch videos without toggling the window. You can confirm whether the media supports PiP mode or not by looking at the blurred version of the thumbnail and platform logo.
How to use PiP mode on WhatsApp
– Update your WhatsApp to version 2.18.380
– Navigate to any WhatsApp chat window where you have received video from third party platform like YouTube.
– You will see a video card with thumbnail image and logo of that particular platform.
– Tap on the link.
– The app will start playing the video in full-screen mode.
– You can even find an option to watch the same video in full-screen mode.